The K3 Class
Our Threes learn through play and work with hands-on manipulatives to explore new concepts. Children work in both large and small groups to promote teamwork. The morning circle time includes songs and games that introduce the calendar, weather, the Pledge of Allegiance and the theme of the week. The class has a dedicated Chapel lesson each week to explore Bible themes. They also enjoy music class each week.
Our K3 curriculum focuses on developing the whole child – physically, socially, emotionally, cognitively and spiritually.
Late Stay Sample Schedule
K3 Teaching Team:
Mary Anne Magliaro
Mary Anne grew up in New Jersey and graduated from William Patterson College with a degree in Elementary Education. She moved to SC 16 years ago after living in Christiansburg VA & Springfield TN. Before coming to the CDC, Mary Anne worked with Greenville County Schools for 13 years. She has been married to husband Michael for 35 years and they have 2 children, Gene 31 & Landa 29. She is a huge football fan and is always cheering on the VT Hookies & the Clemson Tigers.
- Favorite classroom Activity – reading to children
- Favorite Children’s Book – The Rainbow Fish
This is Laura’s first year at Aldersgate CDC. She just retired after 24 years teaching for Greenville County Schools. Laura has three grown children and 5.5 grandchildren, two of whom attend this school. She spends her time reading, doing “house” projects, and spending time with family, especially the grands! She is excited about being here at Aldersgate, especially getting to spend time with the children. This is going to be a GREAT year!
Hayley grew up in Georgia and moved to Greenville 7 years ago. She loves the Greenville area and exploring it with her husband Whit and children Blakely (9), Jones (7) and Rhett (4). Her children have all attended and loved Aldersgate CDC. She is a graduate of The University of Georgia (Go Dawgs!). She enjoys volunteering at her children’s school as well as spending time with her family.
- Favorite Scripture – Matthew 17:20 NLT “You don’t have enough faith,” Jesus told them. “I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible.”
- Favorite Children’s Book – Goodnight Moon
Tinsley was born in Chapin, SC but has called Greenville home since graduating from Presbyterian College. She previously taught kindergarten and first grade. This is her first year teaching at Aldersgate. All 3 of her children attend, or are currently attending Aldergate for preschool. She and her husband Eric have 3 children: Finn (6), Addie (5), and Lucy (2). She loves spending time with family and friends, reading, and going to the lake.
- Favorite Bible verse: John 16:33- I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.
- Favorite Children’s Books – The Rhyming Dust Bunnies & all the Llama Llama books